Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The law of attraction, for starters

I first heard the term "law of attraction" when I read Carol Tuttle's book. It's not really something I'd given much thought to before, and there were other things in the book that were more profound to me at the time. I had a lot of "stuff" that I needed and wanted to work through, so I wasn't very focused on what I was or wasn't attracting.

Once I'd experienced a number of Rapid Eye sessions, I was feeling much better and clearer and started to have room in my brain for new ideas and possibilities. I then went to Rapid Eye training where we learned how to do energy circles and trained in teaching Skills for Life classes. Both of these areas dealt with the law of attraction, and my understanding started to increase. I began to understand that our thoughts and feelings are energy, and energy is sent out all the time whether we understand it or not. We may even have a conscious thought that is one thing, but a subconscious belief that is held more strongly might be the one that is sending out the greatest energetic message.

Then learning to apply this law in my favor became my goal. This is where learning to live in the BE really becomes important. If you're wishing for a slimmer body, then you need to start BEing slim. "I am slim" will get you a lot further than walking around believing and saying to yourself, "I'm so fat." If you're saying that to yourself, then you'll just get a lot more of it. If you're busy BEing fat, then you know just what to do. Stop at Krispie Kream, grab the nearest 1/2 gallon of Tillamook ice cream, sit on the couch watching TV, and you're absolutely right. You are being fat and you know exactly how to do that. But if you start BEing thin, then you'll begin to think and act like a thin person. "I am thin" will lead you to the produce section, you'll go for a sparkling water instead of a Coke, and you'll likely desire a vigorous stroll around the block. You'll be attracting to yourself the things that help you BE slim. And, out of seemingly nowhere, you get ideas of things to read or do or whatever that will help you on your quest.

One author said that the whole universe will conspire to bring you your desires. Yes, that's it! If you can just hold onto the belief long enough to allow the shifts to take place in this physical realm, then your desires, should they be in your highest good, will manifest. Of course we are masters at sabotaging ourselves now and again, but that's another day's entry.

Stay tuned and I'll share some of my experiences using energy circles, affirmations, and prayer that have allowed simply wonderful things to show up in my life. I'd love to hear your experiences as well.

InJoy,
Cristi

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Here is my experience. We have been wanting a new van for a long time. My hubby spent a year browsing on the internet and working. We were just waiting until we knew the time was right. We decided the time was right last Spring. I had just purchased the Secret and decided to attract the van I wanted. I simply wrote down a very detailed description of what I wanted. Burgundy or green, within 800 miles, 12 passenger. Automatic everything, arm rests, cold ac, a dvd player and a cd player. All for less than $15000.

What did we get? A burgundy van that we traveled to Houston for. It had everything but the DVD player. It also had running boards, multiple lights inside (that was a big want I did not write down) and it was less than $15,000.

We let it sit for a month before we decided to go and get "our" van. This is only one example of the Law of Attraction that we have seen in our life.

Dawn

What

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home