Friday, December 15, 2006

Reclaiming joy!

Once upon a time, back in the days when I had little babies of my own, I bathed them in my kitchen sink. It is something I always loved to do. Mom taught me how to get everything ready first. Spread out a towel on the counter, have a diaper handy, make sure the washcloth and shampoo are all within easy reach. Remove all of baby's clothing until all that's left is the diaper, but keep baby covered. Place a hand towel on the bottom of the sink so baby has a little cushion and it isn't so slippery. Fill sink 1/3 full and test the temperature with your elbow. Remove the diaper and slide baby gently into the water. Then use soothing words to let the baby know they're safe and secure. I only had 3 babies of my own, but I can do this just like I can ride a bike without having to think about it again.

Today I got to have baby Nolan all to myself. His mom was off running errands, Aubrey was at school, and Mike was working, so I didn't have to share him with anyone. And, I got to give him a bath in my kitchen sink.

That, for me, is reclaiming joy.

InJoy,
Cristi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, what a great experience. And no other kids hanging on your leg to lessen the joy.

Tell Mike I want to hear how is money is growing.

Thanks
Danielle

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home