Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tapping into Joy!

Maybe today's the day you're asking yourself, "Just what does this woman think she's talking about? How can I possibly feel joy when there are so many things going wrong in the world? What about the war? What about the tragic accident that left my neighbor in a coma? How about the sniper that came in and destroyed a peaceful school? She must live in some kind of a bubble because she's obviously not aware of what's really going on and apparently she never listens to the news! "

That's certainly something to think about. How can we possibly feel joyful with the world in this condition? I think it's a choice we can make every single day. We are creating our particular state by what we're attracting into our lives, and if we choose to focus on attracting joy, then that's what we'll get to experience, even if there are hard things happening all around us. You've heard the stories of the parents of children killed in tragic accidents, and the parents, instead of choosing to focus on their grief and sorrow, reach out to the person that caused the accident and offer forgiveness and love. That's attracting joy rather than revenge and hate. It was a conscious choice.

I believe we can apply that in our lives every single day. I have invited my good friend Dawn Norton as a guest blogger today. She is trained in EFT and will share with us ways she has found to attract joy into her life. Try it today. You'll be amazed and delighted!

InJoy,
Cristi

Choose joy? How do you do that? One key way to feel true joy is to acknowledge what there is in your life to be grateful for. Feel gratitude and joy will follow. Two months ago, I decided I wanted more joy and more of all good things in my life. I wanted to begin by being grateful for what I have now. Gratitude raises your energetic vibration. I started a gratitude journal. Each day, I find ten things to be grateful for. I don’t always get exactly ten and I don’t always write every day. It’s not about perfection. But, when I am at my computer and I think of something I am grateful for, I open the gratitude file and start writing. The funny thing about gratitude is, once you get started, you think of more, which creates more gratitude and more joy. For a positive and negative turned positive gratitude journal experience, you can email me at help@newhorizonseft.com.

Cristi has explained the basics of EFT. It is a tool for releasing negative emotions and experiences that block you from being the child of God you were meant to be. There are two wonderful procedures to help facilitate this. The first is called the Personal Peace Procedure. Make a list of all the negative experiences or people in your life. Each day, choose one and use EFT to dissipate any remaining negative emotions about it. If there aren’t any that you can connect to, just list the ones you felt at the time and go through the process three times. Pay attention to any new thoughts or memories that come up in association with the tapping and work on those. By the time you get to the end of your list, and probably much sooner, you will have peace like you’ve never known. This is because you have removed the specific emotional drivers that keep you from the joy you seek.

The other technique is one that Carol Tuttle calls the Emotional Joy technique. While “normal” EFT can be stated in the negative with great results, this technique comes from a point of being positive. Take a positive poem, a personal proclamation, or write out I am statements and begin tapping. I like to start with, “even though I am NOT perfect, I deeply and completely accept myself, or I am a child of God.” Then at each point, you tap a positive statement. Because there are 8 meridian points, I like to tap in multiples of 2, 4, or 8, so I can end on the 8th point. If you choose 2 or 4 statements, you just alternate them between the eight points.

(1) Eyebrow (EB), I am grateful for my life.

(2) Side of Eye (SE), I am grateful for my Savior.

(3) Under Eye (UE), I am grateful for my husband.

(4) Under Nose (UN), I am grateful for my children.

(5) Chin (CH), I am grateful for the knowledge I have of healing tools.

(6) Collarbone (CB), I am grateful for financial prosperity.

(7) Under Arm (UA), I am grateful for every blessing that comes to me.

(8) Top of Head (H), I am grateful for all I have learned in my life.

You can have as many statements as you want, and you don’t really have to end on the head, but I always feel better when I complete the “round.” If you have questions about EFT, the Joy Technique, or anything else I have mentioned here, contact me at
help@newhorizonseft.com or see my website, www.newhorizonseft.com

In Joy, and gratitude,

Dawn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am another LDS EFTer and wanted to comment on your blog. I love doing EFT and do it everyday. I have also started tapping along to Carol Tuttle's daily script from her book "Remembering Wholeness". So many miracles have been happening since I have begun to use EFT regularly. Thank you for blogging about it.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home