Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Black Kitten Joy!

Some days it seems we choose joy, but once in awhile it appears that joy chooses us! This was the case with me yesterday.

I mentioned my dog, Riley, the German Shepherd/Lab mix.
He's a good boy, most of the time, but he has an over-the-top interest in cats, if you get my drift. I like cats, but we cannot have them around. They would be in mortal danger. Because of this, I rarely get to enjoy the soft fur and gentle purring of a feline. However, as I was standing in my kitchen yesterday, I heard a soft meow. It quickly got louder and louder, and I was certain it was coming from my garage. Riley was nearly beside himself. I cracked open the door leading from the kitchen to the garage and there stood a darling jet black kitten. On Halloween! Riley thought he needed a better look, but I quickly grabbed him by the collar and ushered him into his crate. I then ventured back into the closed garage (I really don't know how that kitten got in there!) and spent a nice long time petting that darling little fur ball, enjoying her loud purring and her nuzzling in my arms and around my neck.

What a delightful few moments those were, something completely unexpected. Even though Riley could no longer see me with the door to the kitchen closed, he was even more than beside himself than he'd been earlier, and was letting me know in no uncertain terms that he didn't appreciate being left out of what was going on in there (read loud, annoying barking!) I reluctantly put the black kitten down and led her outside and went back to my loyal and faithful dog, who gave me his best ever sniff-over.

I'm in full knowledge of the fact that a black kitten showing up at your door on Halloween might not seem like the most wondrous thing that could happen to someone. Nonetheless, it was a joyful moment. And that's exactly what I'm trying to focus on. Life's little bits of joy. They're everywhere when we're being aware and conscious.

In her book, Remembering Wholeness, Carol Tuttle helps us understand this more clearly.

"As humans we have a harder time staying in joy than we do in pain and struggle. Joy is a very high, clear vibration in which life flows effortlessly and gracefully. Pain is a slow, low vibration that attracts disharmony and upsets into our life. When we are in pain and struggle, we are cut off from our natural connection to the heavens and the light of Christ-energy. This energy source that sustains all life and from which all creation comes is meant to flow to us freely, easily, and abundantly. It is our God-given natural state to be in the high vibration of joy, yet for most humans it is not the familiar state." [Remembering Wholeness, pg. 113]

Okay, so I'm going to make joy MY familiar state. That's the plan. That's what I'm choosing. A black kitten appearing at my door on Halloween is good enough for me; a great reminder that joy can be found in small and simple things. I like that.

For more information about Carol Tuttle, her book and her products, click on the link in the column to the right.


InJoy,
Cristi

P.S.
For a daily pick-me-up-and-help-me-stay-in-joy, watch this short video.

1 Comments:

Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

life just good

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home