Friday, November 03, 2006

Be-Do-Have, HUH?

My back HURTS! I know, I know, your thoughts create your reality. Okay, so my back doesn't really hurt at all. Hmmm. I only wish that were true at this very moment in time. So what am I to do here? Suffer in silence, complain loudly, or practice what I preach?

I spend a good deal of my time as a Rapid Eye Technician. I see clients regularly and enjoy discovering, right along with them, who they really are. It is my job to help them see that their lives are filled with experiences, but their experiences are not
who they are! Their experiences are their creations that are the direct results of their beliefs. And where does that lead us? Right back to the whole idea that if we change our beliefs, we can change our life experiences.

Back in my days of illness and gloom, that last paragraph would have made me mad. No, it would have made me downright livid! That experience was my own creation? You've got to be kidding me! I was sick. I felt awful. I was existing in a state of living hell. Eighteen-hour-a-day IVs just to sustain life, growing thinner and thinner, depression setting in while thirty or more doctors shook their heads because they had no answers. A few years later, though, when I was ready to really listen, my own Rapid Eye Therapist helped assist me in seeing that it truly was a result of beliefs I held deep inside.

Well, hello! I wanted a different experience than that. I was fed up with illness and allergies and you-name-it ailments. I was ready for a change, for a quantum leap really. So, step one was discovering what my beliefs really were, letting go of them, and replacing them with something different, something positive. It was a process, a time of learning and growing, and it worked! I've always thought I was a tough nut to crack (oops, time to change that thought), but even me, Ms. Challenging, had success here.

Well, so what about my back? Yes, it hurts, and it's distracting me right now because it's so painful. I have choices, though. I can run to Costco and get the biggest bottle of Advil they sell and load myself up to hide from the pain. I could choose to stay in bed with ice and heating packs, or I could hobble on over the nearest chiropractor and beg for relief, etc. What to choose?

First, I'm going to BE healthy in my thoughts. When I'm BEING healthy, then I have a better idea of what to DO about it. If I sit around saying how much my back hurts and I wallow in that energy for awhile, I'll just create more of that for myself. More pain, more misery. No thank you! Instead, right now I'm changing my thoughts to, "I am healthy. I am pain free. I am enjoying life every single moment." When I begin there, things start to shift. I feel better already and know that the answers will show up as to what I should DO about it. Phew! What a relief that is. So if I'm BEING (my thoughts/beliefs/faith) healthy , I'll know what to DO (action) to get there, and then I'll HAVE (experience) a happy spine! :-) Cool, huh?!

That's a quickie overview of the BE-DO-HAVE principle, which I'll go into more depth about as time goes on. It comes from The Results Bookby Wally Minto. It's something to consider if you want a different experience than the one you're having right now. Try it out and let me know how it goes. I believe in myself and I believe in you. That's joy right there, don't you think? Works for me!

InJoy,
Cristi

P.S. Got a man in your life that you wish was interested in some new thinking? The man in my life has started his own blog, speaking man to man (but women are certainly allowed to follow along, too!) He's just gotten started but will have lots to share. Check it out: Men, money, and everything else

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home