Monday, November 06, 2006

Achoo! Is that what you believe?

I awakened today with a little sore throat and the sniffles. Some would say, "Well, it's cold and flu season, you know." I've been thinking about that kind of comment, and I'm choosing not to join in that particular belief. I watched a little video last week with Carol Tuttle (click on "links Carol recommends") reminding me that we can choose into that belief or we can choose to believe we're well and healthy at any season of the year. I prefer the latter.

One of the things that Carol uses to anchor in the positive belief is "tapping." No, not tapping your toe, or tap dancing tapping (although that sure sounds fun!) It's tapping on particular points on your meridians, which are the energy pathways through your body (identified by the Chinese thousands of years ago - think of the accupuncture charts). Sometimes we get kinks in those meridians (like a garden hose), and the way we know we have kinks is that we have a negative emotional and/or physical response going on. It's blocked energy; it can't flow freely through us, and we feel lousy in some way.

Tapping is one of the ways to "get the kinks out" and allow the energy to flow freely. We use it often in our home because it's an easy, take-it-anywhere-with-you, method of helping yourself stay balanced. It's complementary to all energy healing modalities as well as a stand-alone method. Gary Craig has a wonderful program for learning about tapping called EFT or
Emotional Freedom Technique. You can learn right from the comforts of your own home with his DVDs, and it's so easy! He also offers a free manual that you can download right off of his website. I think you will find Gary to be a very kind, generous man with a gift for helping others find healing.

I like to add my own ideas to what Gary presents, one of which is tapping in positive reframes. If you've been tapping out (releasing) negatives, i.e., anger, and you get it to release and you feel better, then I like to follow with affirmations that I tap in on the same points.

I am calm.
I am in control of my emotions.
I am patient.
I am relaxed.
I am forgiving of myself and others.

That gives you an idea of what you might follow up with. And you don't have to stop there! You can take all of your "I am" statements at any time and tap those in as a way to achor the belief into the physical body. It's something I recommend and teach to my clients.

So today, I am tapping out "this sore throat, these sniffles" and tapping in, "I am healthy. I am well in any season of the year. I have a strong immune system." When I tap those in, I feel better and my belief is stronger. And since my belief is creating my reality, guess what? No reason to get sick. And getting sick used to be my pattern. I don't need that anymore, so I'm letting it go.

Get tapping and tap in good health in today!

InJoy,
Cristi

P. S. Here's something for a little physical support while you're anchoring in your new belief. I'm sipping on it right now!

Lemon Ginger Blast

3 -4 apples (peeled if not organic)
2 - 3 lemons (slice off yellow but leave white skin on)
1 - 2 inches fresh ginger root (peel any bad parts)
1/2 teaspoon gr. cayenne pepper
2 - 3 cups purified water

Depending on the power of your blender, cut everything into chunks so it can liquify. Using a fine strainer or cheesecloth, strain out the pulp and sip on the liquid. Most effective if consumed on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

As you become accustomed to drinking this, you can increase the amounts of ginger and cayenne to make it even more powerful.

This "blast" is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fat, anti-mucous, anti-tumor, and is great for the heart and circultation. (these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA; use at your own risk.)

Happy sipping!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home